Sunday, March 13, 2016

Welcome, eBooks




eBooks

Greetings Friends!

Until I heard this presentation, I never knew that you could publish your own book for free and have it downloaded by others for free. It is amazing that Jon was able to incorporate this with his students, even special ed. students! That's the area in which I am studying and this was so inspirational to me. I really think that eBooks have a positive impact on the writing process. To let children take the wheel of writing a book gives great motivation because they are not just doing this for their teacher but for people all over the world. I see this continuing and becoming more and more successful. I think that creating and using eBooks will have a great effect on my teaching. This is such a great way to unite together as a class and to teach them to do something that they will feel proud of.




The benefits I see with using eBooks in the classroom that are student created would be the relation the student could have to the other students who wrote the book. The student might do better seeing the way other students present the information and how it can be interactive I think that the textbooks written by the students was such an awesome idea. I could definitely see myself using some of those books that Jon's special ed. kids made. Especially the social skills books! Those were wonderful! Again, to make this effective, I would want to make sure that this eBook had information written out in a way students can read the content but also having an eBook text book that would be interactive as well.

There were a lot of things that I took away from this presentation. This guy is amazing! I love how he is connecting with other classrooms from all over the world to work together and write a book. This is such a cool way for students to leave a legacy in this digital age. I also loved the openness he had with his students letting them choose what they wanted to write about and he was so encouraging to his students along the way. This will impact my learning by making me open to new ideas and inputs from people all over the world so that I will be able to teach effectively.

Here is a cool article from the Wall Street Journal on how the eBook will change the way we read and write. I encourage you to check it out! http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123980920727621353

Also, check out this site full of eBooks written by kids! 

Hope these links are helpful! Thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts!

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment