Sunday, April 17, 2016

It is...Week 12


Technology to Improve Teacher Productivity




Let's face it, teachers are stressed out to the max. There is so much to do and so much to organize! With today's technology, however, teachers can be more organized and feel a sense of balance in their life!

One of the most interesting tools that I saw was RescueTime. I think that it is awesome that you can have something to keep you on track so that you finish your work. I think that it is amazing that this tool can keep track of how long you have been off of your assignment as well. I feel that I will definitely need to use this tool when I become a teacher. Distractions of everyday life can get in the way and it is easy to be caught up in that. I believe this tool will help me solve my constant disorganization life style problems. This could also benefit students and parents. This tool would have me stay on task and I could grade the class's assignment and send it to not only the students, but the parents as well.









Wunderlist seems like another great organizational tool as well. I could see myself making a checklist for the class and putting it up on a Smart Board. We would have a visual as a class to see what we have yet to finish and what we have accomplished. For instance, if I were teaching a History class about World War II, I could make a check list of each year, and make sub topics within each year that as a class we could check off as we cover each section.
Here is a link to the Wunderlist website which explains ways for teachers to use this tool: https://www.wunderlist.com/blog/back-to-school-with-wunderlist-4-tech-tips-for-teachers/

My favorite part of Jake's presentation was when he mentioned the tool Goobrics. I looked this tool up and it seems like an easy tool to use, especially for us not-so-tech-savvy people. The set up looks great and is an easy way to grade the students' work.


Well, friends, we made through all of our PLN blogs! Hope you enjoyed it! Looking for ward to seeing your final projects!

-Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment