Saturday, February 13, 2016

Mark Spontarelli - Openness and Participatory Culture - Ed. Tech.

1. We capture the spirit of openness and participatory communities in our learning environments by being generous with our information, teachings, and ideas. Like in the TedTalks video, the speaker said that education is not immune to selfishness, so we must be open to sharing. If there is no sharing, there is no education. The more that we share the more others will be able to participate not only as consumers of the information we give but a producers as well as said on Wikipedia.Therefore, the sharing of education keeps growing and growing.

2.Open access in the classroom is access to all of the teaching and the class criteria from all over. Like in the video where it showed the teacher who started out from 100 students, then put his teachings online, it exploded. People from all over the world were able to access the information of this class and the peer taught class. Open access in this class was also made possible by: redistribution, remixed content, revised by translating, and was reused by others. This is the amazing power of open access in the classroom.

3. I see the future of education getting bigger and bigger in relation to learning anywhere at anytime with anyone. As the one video says on the importance of sharing content, everyone has the right to be educated - only a few have access to school. With that being said, we are going to be able to learn from so many people from all over the globe. We have come so far with our ability to do this thanks to social media, blogging, etc. and it is exciting to see what the future brings. I believe its only going to get better.

4.I can see textbooks slowly fading away. Although, I prefer printed textbooks, having your text book online is cheaper and will always be able to be accessed, whereas a textbook might be sold out and you would have to wait until they re-stock. I know as time goes on I will be able to get used to online textbooks, just a strange concept to me, but one that will be more useful in the end. I feel as the younger generations start coming into school they will only have online textbooks. I have an online Bible from the YouVersion app. I have access to SO MANY translations that I may not be able to find in any store. Its free and there all of the time. I can even highlight in it which is wonderful! So maybe this will be my way of easing in to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment